09 May 2014

Otumfuo Osei Tutu II: I support government not NDC or NPP.

 
Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has denied rumours that he is in bed with the National Democratic Congress (NDC) government.

He noted that he will always support a sitting government for the greater good of the Ashanti region and Ghana as a whole.

“There will always be a change in government. Governments will come and go but we will still be here. If I do not develop my people, it will be to my own detriment,” the Asantehene said.

According to him, his primary concern as the Ashanti King is to help the youth in the region develop through the provision of jobs.

He made this known during the sod cutting ceremony of a 500 community estate development at Prabon in the Bosomtwe district of the Ashanti Region.

The Asantehene also set the record straight concerning his plans for the Ashanti kingdom saying, “I have nothing against any government. The well-being of my people is of the utmost concern to me; to provide healthcare, jobs and progress because I need to leave a legacy for the young ones. That is my priority but not empty talk.”

He further outlined some projects that are currently in the pipeline, including a Kumasi mall at Bantama, a suburb of Kumasi “which will provide the much needed jobs for the people and this is the little we can do to help.”

Otumfuo Osei Tutu II disclosed that most of the projects being executed in the region are made possible through external aid, “together with the application of tact and wisdom because we have no tax collection policy in place. It is the prerogative of the central government to provide development but we also do what we can to help the government”.

Source: citifmonline

No comments:

Post a Comment