14 April 2014

I Hope New Executives Win Power For The NPP - Jake Obetsebi-Lamptey

Defeated Chairman of the New Patriotic Party(NPP),Jake Obetsebi-Lamptey has said he is very optimistic that the newly elected national executives of the NPP will by all means win power for the party come 2016 general elections.


Jake who described the just ended conference as ‘free and fair’ believes the new leaders have the credibility to lead the elephant fraternity to victory.

“All of them (the new leaders) worked very hard to be elected and I hope they will work harder now in making sure that their team delivers for the NPP in 2016,” he said.

Jake Obetsebi-Lamptey who had just 66 votes out of the over 5000 votes said, “I am not worried about the defeat at all because I knew what was likely to happen so I was not surprise”.

Speaking on Adom FM, the former chairman snubbed to attribute his defeat to the call by Member of Parliament (MP) for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong that all [old] executives who were seeking re-election including him [Jake Obetsebi Lamptey] must be kicked out after describing them as “thieves”

“My defeat is not the story; the story now is the victory for those who have won and the NPP. We will make sure that we will build on that victory so we don’t waste it by discriminations. We have to rally behind Paul Afoko [Newly elected NPP chairman]. Kennedy’s call did not help though,” he said.

However, he advised the newly elected National Chairman, Paul Afoko to be tolerant and patient when carrying out his duties.
“One of the criticisms against me was that I was too tolerant of views that were being improperly expressed; and that I should have cracked the whip a little bit more than I did,” he said.

He however advised him to limit the level of tolerance since over tolerance could impede his plans and vision.

Source:

Peace FM News Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment