15 May 2014

Samuel Eto'o blasts Jose Mourinho for putting striker's age into question.

Samuel Eto'o has reportedly rubbished claims that he is nearing the end of his career after labelling Jose Mourinho a 'fool' for questioning his age.
The 33-year-old was rumoured to have fallen out with Mourinho after the Chelsea boss was filmed by a French television channel saying, 'Eto’o is 32 years old, maybe 35, who knows?'
Although Eto'o seemed to laugh off the comment with a comical 'old man' celebration after scoring against Manchester United in January, it would seem the Cameroonian still has an issue with the Portuguese boss.


Speaking to reporters after touching down in Abidjan ahead of the Copa Coca Cola youth football tournament in Bouake, Eto'o said: ‘I am 33 years old. And it is not because a fool called me an old man that you must believe it.
'And you may have noticed that the old man was better than the youngsters.'
Eto'o, now out of contract after a season with the Blues, also hinted that he will play for a European club next season rather than sign a lucrative deal in the Middle East.
He added: ‘Some believe I am going to retire in the United States or in the Middle East, but I have regained the joy of the Champions League and I am going to carry on playing in the Champions League.

'Where? I am not going to tell you. But I am going to carry on playing because physically and mentally I feel great.
'So I am going to go to this World Cup and to the next one when I will be 37.
'Some did it at 42, so I can still play in two more World Cups.’
Eto'o was rumoured to be one of the players that Mourinho tore into during half-time of Chelsea's 0-0 Premier League draw with Norwich.
The former Inter Milan and Barcelona striker hadn't even played the first half and was named on the bench for the game, but was allegedly still subject to Mourinho's venom. 

Watch: Jose Mourinho slams media over Eto'o reports



Credit:

No comments:

Post a Comment