28 April 2014

Great Response to Racist Taunt: Dani Alves Eats Banana Thrown at Him.



As Barcelona player Dani Alves was getting ready to perform a corner kick during Sunday's game against Villarreal, one of the viewers threw a banana at him, a racist taunt often directed at players with darker skin.

But Alves had the best possible response: he ate the banana and continued the free kick as if nothing had happened.

As you can see in the video above, everything happened extremely fast: under ten seconds. But that was still enough time for Alves to peel of the banana and grab a bite before continuing the play.
Barcelona went on to win the game 3-2.

"I don't know who threw the banana but I want to thank him. It gave me the energy to put two more crosses in for our goals," said Alves after the game.

And on Twitter, Alves wrote (in Portuguese, below) "My father always told me, son, eating a banana prevents cramps LOL, how did you guess? Hahaha"

No comments:

Post a Comment