02 November 2013

I'll be given the nod to continue my good works' – Sir John

 
The General Secretary of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie has said he is unfazed by the number of people who have declared their intentions to contest his position during the party's national delegate congress since he is convinced that “he will be given the nod to continue the good works within the party”


Other NPP bigwigs, Kwabena Agyepong, Yaw Boabeng Asamoah and Captain Rtd., Nkrabeah Effah Dartey have all officially announced plans to contest for the General-Secretary position.

But speaking on Eyewitness News, the General Secretary of the NPP said he is unmoved by the competition because he believes he is the preferred choice of the party's supporters.

“It is important that all those people who think they are capable of running the affairs of the party be seen to be assisting in whatever way they can. The names that have been mentioned are all prominent members of the party and they all play the roles in diverse ways to help move our party forward and so it is right that if they have examined themselves and they think they can do the job better than I am doing, then they have the right to come in.
It is not for them to determine for themselves whether they are the best people, it is for the delegates to determine. When the records are examined, I will be given the nod to continue the good works that I have done within the four years ,”Mr Owusu Afriyie maintained.

In his opinion, he has worked tirelessly during the past four years adding that his achievements were evident in the successes the party chalked in the 2012 elections.

“It does not take one person to win power for the party, it takes its leadership and I have tirelessly worked for this party, I have sacrificed and I thought that in the 2012 elections, every Ghanaian testifies to the fact that we fought the good fight. What is left is for the delegates to renew their mandate to continue the good job that is being done, “he said

“I was elected as the general secretary in 2010 at a time when we had a lost a crucial election in 2008. At the time that I came Mills was in power in 2009 and NPP was demoralized and had lost track and focus and I steered the affairs of the party in such a way to the extent that we won that 2012 elections. I think that this is a crucial victory for us, getting 5.2 million votes or more. If that is not a record to be proud of I don’t know what else is and I believe that I did not do this alone, I did this with all our polling station executives, our constituency executives and people from all walks of life we helped the party to chalk success and I believe that they will continue to renew that mandate so that 2016, victory will be ours,” he added.

Source: CitiNews

No comments:

Post a Comment